As some as you know, I am totally nuts about kids. I LOVE all my friend's kids to death and want to be around them a lot of the time, but for some reason the thought of me having my own makes me wanna barf. I have no idea why. Maybe because I am not ready, maybe I don't want to share my amazing husband with anyone, or the fact that they will ALWAYS be around, day and night.
Last Friday when the new People magazine came out, (the one with Nicole Richie and her new baby on it) I read it. (as I always do because I am WAY to into that junk, sick I know)
First let me just say, that I am not influenced by the actions of "celebrities", especially unwed celebrity mothers.
Ok back to my point...
I was so touched by the interview with her and her boyfriend, I teared up. It was also the first time I realized what a blessing a child would be, and how your whole life would change, but it would be for the best not the worst.
On Monday, our good friend came over with his 6 week old baby and I was smitten. I got to feed him, hold him, burp him and made him smile. Matt was amazed at how natural I was with him. And believe it or not, I have always been very maternal. The baby was so stinkin' cute, I could take my eyes off him!
Trust me, I do NOT want kids tomorrow, but I entertained the idea and I didn't want to barf. That's a step right? A good friend of ours last week said not to think of children as cribbling. Such a good point. I did see it that way. I always thought of it as ruining things and now I can see how much it would add to life.
4 comments:
Oh my sweet friend...you will be a WONDERFUL mom when you are ready. Hopefully when you do become a mom you will then realize that you absolutely can not, under any circumstance leave your child in the TARGET cart at the Wesminster mall where it goes down the escalator by itself.... :o)
Sage advice about the escalator my friend...sage advice.
take it from me---the once barf at the thought of kids gal---it is the most amazing (for lack of better word) "thing" ever. When you are ready, the I don't want kids barf turns into 1st trimester barf---but totally worthwhile---you know, like barf to a bulimic. Did I just seriously write that? And the whole with you all of the time thing---oddly enough, you like being with them---okay ask me that same thing in about a year. You'll be a great mom---and "it" will have awesome hair!
You're so refreshing Christie - I love reading your blog. It's like I can HEAR you saying what you're writing. It's awesome. Being a mom - wow.... it's a wonderful, crazy, wild, draining and invigorating experience. You and Matt will be amazing parents. You will definitely be the "cool" parents. It's the pink Christmas tree. That automatically makes you cool.
Post a Comment