

So, what happened to the days where I could eat candy all day long and not feel any different.
Yesterday on Easter, I ate so much candy (that was the plan all week) First I started my day off with a Sugar Free Red Bull (which is one of my BFF's) then moved on to a Non-fat latte, then another Sugar Free Red Bull, had a bunch of homemade cookies (which were so yummy!). This was all at church. Which went great by the way.
Next we went to Matt's parents house and Linda out did herself. Sticky buns, some kinda egg casserole, hash browns, and bacon. So good! I am still feeling good at this point. Very tired from the busy week and I was up very early, but still feeling good. Now come the Easter baskets. I got a super cute Hello Kitty basket with all sorts of goodies: Robins Eggs Whoppers (my favorite Easter candy) jelly beans, See's Candy, and a pair of leather leggings from American Apparel that I really wanted.
So now the candy eating really starts. I am sitting on Randy and Linda's couch and just eating away. It was great. Matt and I are so tired at this point we are pretty much useless and not much fun. We go home to take a nap before we go to my Dad's. The hour nap was much needed but almost a tease. Matt wakes up and says, "I think I just woke up with diabetes's."
So we go to my Dad's, where the candy eating continues. At this point I am now keeping Starbursts jelly beans in my jacket pocket. Matt is now judging me. We watch the Lakers make their comeback and then lose :(
Now, I am basically in a sugar coma. I am just sitting on the couch, not moving and not saying a word. Why do I feel so bad? I used to consume sugar like no other. I always had an incredibly sweet, sweet tooth. What happened to me? I am really an adult that can't handle sugar like I used too? I remember offering candy to my mom when I was little and she would rarely take it, saying she didn't really like candy anymore. Have I now crossed that line?
So, it is Monday at noon and I feel awful. I slept in and woke up with a headache and just plain old feel disgusting.
I will only be drinking water today.
3 comments:
i am sorry that you ate so much candy and feel sick...but honestly, i can't quite get past the leather leggings. really? leggings? how exactly do those work? i have visions of the leather pants ross wore on friends that stuck to him when he got sweaty and he couldn't take them off...is it something similiar to that? :)
Oh crap---so, I am sitting here reading the blog...outloud to Brian's family---and also couldn't get pass the leggings...only you can pull that off...
Yeah.... so the leggings thing kind of tripped me out as well. Of course some of my pants are sort of legging-ish (if you count the fact that they have elastic in the wasteband...). But I don't think that wearing them will make me as cool as you.
You're like - Huntington Beach Cool. And I'm like - Leisure World Cool. I'm off to eat my canned peaches, watch my stories and go to bed.
Post a Comment