Pretty recently I have decided to make some lifestyle changes regarding what I eat. It is something after much thought and research that this is what I want to do and am very happy with my choice. What is interesting to me, is how other people react to this decision. It has come up in recent conversation and I am amazed by how much I have to defend my choice. I feel as though I am being put on the spot with all the questions I am being asked. I feel that many people disapprove, don't understand and are being very judgmental. I am not doing anything unhealthy. I am not forcing others to do it. I am not really sure why it matters to others, if my choice is not affecting anyone but myself... than really, why does it matter?? Are they uncomfortable or unhappy with their eating habits, they have to try and bring me down?? Is this something I will always face or will it die down after the newness wears off? (Gosh, I hope so.) I really just don't understand.
2 years ago
6 comments:
What are you eating? or not eating? now I'm curious to know...
mostly vegan and very rarely i will eat fish.
I am super proud of you...and although I'm not ready to be a Vegan, I try to stay away from all that other junk too! Rock on Sista! Don't let any haters bring ya down!!!
Unfortunately I think people judge because they don't understand...which is ridiculous. For awhile I was a vegetarian Mon-Fri but would eat meat on the weekends. Makes absolutely no sense, I know this, but it was something I wanted to do for me. I didn't make a big deal about it or announce it to the world. People laughed and made stupid comments thinking I was doing it to be trendy. Ignore them all and hopefully in time they will get over it. But you are awesome...I learned that I have NO SELF CONTROL in my process.
Ummmm...I LOVE me some meat, but I am not going to judge you for wanting to stay away from it. Maybe it's jealousy. I mean, you are pretty darn cute, maybe people want you to be unhealthy like them. I tried staying away from meat and it made me pretty much not be able to function. I couldn't remember things very well and felt dizzy and hungry all of the time. So, I will continue to eat the meat. Hopefully, I am not judged for that---although, one student came into my office while I was eating meat and went on a HUGE rampage about how I am killing off animals unnecessarily. Hmm...didn't like that confrontation. I think I handled it well though. Okay, this wasn't supposed to be about me.
Do what's best for you! I don't know if people's comments will die down---People are opinionated. Everyone likes to give their 2 cents. Just wait til ya get preggers....
hahaha.....
Post a Comment