Wednesday, September 10, 2008

High Fructose Corn Syrup Anyone???



Has anyone seen the new commercial about High Fructose Corn Syrup??   I am totally outraged by this!  It flat out states that it is as safe as sugar!!!  Are you kidding me?  SO BAD! 

Reasons it is bad....
-it is a genetically modified

-main reason it is used is because it is cheap to make

-it is NOT natural, just because it used to be corn doesn't mean it still is after all the processing

-when tested on rats, the male rats did not reach adulthood.  They had anemia, high cholesterol, and heart hypertrophy (which means means their hearts enlarged until they exploded)  They also had delayed testicular development.  Basically, their little bodies fell apart.  The female rats were not so affected, but they were unable to produce live young.

Here is something I found on a website about it:
"The medical profession thinks fructose is better for diabetics than sugar," says Dr. Field, "but every cell in the body can metabolize glucose. However, all fructose must be metabolized in the liver. The livers of the rats on the high fructose diet looked like the livers of alcoholics, plugged with fat and cirrhotic."

I see the commercial all the time.  Like 3 times during an hour long show.  Who is funding this commercial?  The corn farmers or something?  I get sick to see this commercial.  So much information missing!  On the commercial the woman asks what is wrong with the H.F.C.S. and the other person just stands there like an idiot and doesn't say anything.  It is such a one side view!

Corn is made into many different things, an example, gasoline.  That doesn't mean I will start drinking gasoline!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

HOLY COW! We saw this for the first time last night and I too was in a rage! So HORRIBLE! Maybe you and I should put a commercial together that states the truth!

FYI - it is the Corn Refiners Association that paid for that. I saw it at the bottom of the commercial.

Curtis said "Wow, they must be getting hit hard." And I said "I hope so." I haven't bought anything with HFCsyrup in months now. I seriously read every label. And I know there are alot of other people out there like me!

katherinejewel said...

Isn't it disgusting that people can mix up information so bad and the general public will believe it!! Soo much food is contaminated it's basically all "made up" not even anything natural anymore... and people eat it because they don't know better and it's cheaper. So sad. I agree someone should make a commercial to tell people the truth! And tell people about the dangers of aspertane and the hormones injected into meat and milk too!!

christie walker said...

I totally agree with you Friend