Saturday, October 4, 2008

How I love the innocence of children


As most of you know, I babysit sit almost every Saturday night.  I love these boys.  So cute, sweet, well behaved, and very grown-up for their age.  Tonight we were driving back to their house after a Red Robin dinner (their favorite and I hate it).  
Jack (age 7) asked me if I know who I am going to vote for.  I lied and said I didn't know.  (I am not sure why i didn't tell him, something old about talking politics with a 2nd grader seems odd) 
Anyway, he told me if he could vote, he would vote for McCain.  His 5 year old brother agreed.   I asked why, and the 5 year old, Adam, said because he has known McCain longer, since 07. (seriously he said that)  Then said "Bama (haha cute) hasn't been around until just now."  
Jack said, "McCain is really old though."  
Adam answered back with, "even though he is old I would still vote for him.  Age doesn't matter"  Remember Adam is 5.  
Jack then asked, "if McCain wins will he be the oldest man as president ever?"  
I am really not sure, I told him.   I am impressed with our very intellectual after dinner conversation and made the statement that if Obama wins, He would be the first black president.   The car sat quiet for a minute then, Jack says "What do you mean?  Like with a tan?"

No comments: